Thursday, February 14, 2013

Top 10: LOVED Workout Attire/Accessories

In my years of experimentation, and many times asking the advice of friends and fellow gym goers, 
I've come up with my list of the 10 most popular workout attire/accessories loved right now. 
If I'm missing something great, LET ME KNOW! I'm always looking for great stuff! 
And of course, these are in no particular order!

-one-

NIKE
click here for site
They are known for their amazing shoes, and the awesomeness which is Nike+
This tool links up your shoes to your smart phone, tracking your mileage,
speed, goals, and more! If that wasn't enough, my own spouse just got this:
which adds the coolness of GPS, as well as calorie counting (with a chest strap), 
and mileage info.  If you have a smart phone (which I sadly don't), and 
love Nike shoes (which sadly don't work with my messed up feet), then your possibilities are
 limitless with these cool products!
-nice plug for a product I can use, huh?!-

-two-
ADIDAS
click here for site
Adidas carries great stuff from shoes, to shirts, to pants, and more. My FAVORITE
thing they make is their capri pants! I think I'm on my 4th or 5th pair.
They fit great, have stellar compression (you know, to suck in what you need sucked in!)
and can be used for lifting, spin, running, step . . . basically anything! 
I usually get mine from TJ Maxx or Ross's to get them for cheaper, but would be at full
cost, they are not terribly expensive-usually running between $30-$60.

-three-

ASICS
check them out here
Shoes! Who doesn't love the crazy colors these babies come in?! I have been wearing
Asics for years thanks to their support and wider fit. These are definitely 
 my go-to shoes for all exercise activity I do! They have a range of shoe for the 
avid runner, down to the occasional walker, with prices to match. 

-four-













Lululemon
check them out here

Just because we are working out, doesn't mean we can't look amazing! Lululemon
carries the cutest workout clothes specifically designed for yoga and running.
Their fabric choices are adorable and their stock changes quite regularly.
But buyers beware, they are pricey! On the flip side, people swear by their clothes,
saying they are totally durable and the most comfy workout attire out there!
Wanting a sale?! Well, I got you covered there. Their sale items are a mystery to find, 
so here is how you do it! In the SEARCH box type "we made too much" and it
will take you to the sale page. (or just click here!)

-five-
PUMA
their site
Puma carries a nice array of workout attire and shoes, but you wanna know what I love?! 
Socks!
I know, it sounds slightly ridiculous! But I love their socks. They are a perfect
fit in my shoe, they never slide down, they are tight so they don't bunch,
and they come in fun colors and sizes that my whole family can (and does) wear!
Also, I find them all the time at TJ Maxx and Ross, so I can get them cheap.
Total win-win in my book (and the ad photo doesn't hurt either)!

-six-











Under Armor
check it here
They carry everything to dress for success while training, but the one item
I have had many friend LOVE, their bottoms! Whether its shorts, capris, pants,
fleece pants to wear over their shorts . . . people LOVE these! They come in tons of
cute colors and designs ranging from crazy to mellow, so anyone could find the style they
like. Their site always has an outlet section, so finding a good deal isn't too hard!

-seven-











Target
check 'em out here
I don't know too many people who don't LOVE Target already, but have you
ever checked out their workout attire?! Their pants are great, but their TOPS! Oh,
heavens! I love their tanks! They originally are just under $13, but, hello, it's
Target so you know they are on sale all the time. They fit tight in just the right spots and
loose in the right spots and now come in fun designs and colors! And who doesn't love a cute 
jacket to wear over your tank?! LOVE! Nice bang for your buck, and will still
 make you the cutie in class!

-eight-
Polar Heart Rate Monitors
their site
If you are actively trying to lose weight or achieve a certain fitness goal, a heart rate
monitor is a great tool. My favorite brand, Polar. They come in cute
colors, and a whole array of sizes and styles to find what works for you. Why I like them:
you put in your age, weight, height, gender, and it will calculate your heart rate range 
(or you can change that, which I did when I was pregnant), and will give you alerts when you are where you should be, calculates your calories, and the time you were in the fat burning or cardio zone. 
More hardcore athlete? They have watches specifically for weight training or triathletes too!
You can get one for under $100 (or in the upwards of $400), and are available at most sporting good stores (or online!). The chest strap just fits under your bra, so really, what's one more band there! 
I love mine and love to workout with it!

-nine-
Old Navy
their active line here
When I was looking for a new pair of workout pants, I can't even tell you how many people
mentioned Old Navy's compression pants! They come in way cute styles and colors
and the rear view is CUTE! The other plus side, they are under $25! Check them out for
cute tops and bras as well!

-ten-
Athleta
their site
I have loved Athleta for years after first discovering their awesome swim suits!
They actually ran true to size and the colors and patterns were so great! Since then, I've 
fallen in love with their bras, workout tops, and just ordered me some pants that I'm hoping 
are as cute as they are pictured! They have the cutest styles for working out--specifically designed
for yoga, swimming, triathlons, running, etc--or just an active lifestyle with their adorable 
hiking skorts, jackets, hats, and jewelry that could make any Moab-goer jealous!
Their prices can be a little on the high end (just under Lululemon's) but again, you are going
for style and durability. AND they always have a great selection on sale! Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment