Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baby Got Back

Teik was my photographer. Enough said.
I'm an average girl. I'm totally self-conscience and always think I could
 do something to improve. Don't we all think that at times? Hate it! 
Anyhoo, when I was probably 10 years old, my sister gave me a compliment that has 
stuck with me 21 years later. All she said to me was that I had a nice back! Silly, right?!
But somehow, all these years later, I have always been proud of my back! I know I'm
built like a swimmer (broad on top-and this picture does not even come close to show how
broad my shoulders really are), and I'm totally okay with that! 
So today's workout is all about creating a back you can be proud of!

Quick Disclaimer: I've added links and photos to help with the moves.
Most can be done with barbells, dumbbells, cable machines, or other various equipment.
If one move doesn't make sense or feels wrong, DON'T DO IT!
If you go to a gym and don't know how to use a certain machine, find a trainer and ASK (most are nice)!

Bent Over Row
         Palms In
         Palms Up
         Palms Down-Elbows Out

Row
         Palms Up
         Palms Down
Lat Pull Downs
       Front
       Back
I thought this was a cool variation!
        These can be done assisted with rubber bands, on machines, or with a partner holding your feet!



                                                   

Back Extension aka Superman
          Back Raise Version-can also be done on a ball.

                                                       

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment